Doctors need to do a lot of paperwork every day. They need to ensure that the patient’s medical record is up to date. There are documents that need to be kept and others that need to be signed or released.
A physician may spend anywhere between 2 to 4 hrs per day filling such data in the computer.
What if there is a way to reduce this time to half or even a third?
An EMR or Electronic Medical Record is a digital system that stores a patient’s medical record. This blog will examine why you should go for an EMR in India and other great time-saving tips for doctors.
Read on to learn more!
What is an EMR, and Why Does Every Doctor Need It?
Electronic medical records, otherwise known as EMR system, is a digital database of medical information that allows healthcare providers quick and easy access to patient information.
When you go to a doctor’s office, they usually have a paper file containing your medical history. These paper files are typically enormous and extremely hard to sort through.
An EMR software or system stores your medical information, such as your diagnosis, symptoms, test results, X-rays, and other medical images, on a computer database. This allows medical practitioners to have quick and easy access to your medical history.
With efficient EMR software in India, a patient’s healthcare provider can access the same patient data regardless of where they are. This helps in situations involving disaster relief and cross-country travel.
Top 7 Reasons to Adopt a Full-fledge EMR
There’s no question that an EMR in India, a country with a huge patient load and yet very few doctors to take care of these patients, can save a lot of time and make the doctors more efficient.
Here are the top 7 reasons why doctors in India should adopt an EMR system:
- EMR software can help doctors track patients’ medications and allergies, preventing dangerous drug interactions and other complications.
- EMRs for doctors can be accessed from anywhere, so doctors can check them even when they’re away from the office.
- EMRs can help doctors make more informed decisions by providing real-time access to lab results and other information.
- EMRs can help streamline the billing and insurance claim process.
- EMRs can help doctors avoid duplicate tests and procedures, thus saving a lot of time and overall helping in reducing medical errors.
- EMR systems can help doctors coordinate care by sharing information with other providers, such as specialists.
- EMRs can help doctors track their performance and compliance with quality measures.
Overall, EMRs are a great way for doctors to save time and be more efficient. If you’re a doctor looking to improve your practice, implementing an EMR system is a great place to start.
Time-Saving Tips for Doctors
We all know that time is precious, especially for doctors who have to juggle a million things at once. But there are ways to make your life a little bit easier and help you save time. Here are our top time-saving tips for doctors:
- Keep a schedule. It may seem obvious, but sticking to a regular schedule as much as possible is very important. Doing so will help you make the most of the day you have and avoid getting behind.
- Delegate and build a team. You can’t do everything yourself, so delegate tasks to others whenever possible. This will free up your time for more important tasks.
- Use technology. There are a lot of great time-saving tools out there, so take advantage of them. This could include anything from online scheduling to patient portals.
- Use a task management system. This can help you keep track of everything you need to do and ensure you don’t forget anything important.
- Streamline your workflow. Take a look at your workflow and see if there are any areas where efficiency can be improved. This could involve anything from automating tasks to changing how you handle the paperwork.
- Stay organized. This will help you save time in the long run by making it easier to find things quickly when needed.
- Take breaks. It’s important to take some time for yourself during the day, or you’ll burn out quickly. You could take a break for a few minutes here and there or a longer lunch break.
- Prioritize your time. Make sure you spend your time on the most important tasks without getting sidetracked by lesser tasks.
And finally, do not overcommit. Trying to do too much can end up costing you more time in the long run.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to make the most of your time and be as productive as possible.
Simply put, an EMR system is a computer database that maintains every patient’s medical records. They are created to help with the easy retrieval and sharing of records. They also help maintain a high confidentiality level while saving time and costs.
Doctors in India can save a lot of their time by adopting an EMR and can provide better care to their patients while reducing the additional paper workload.
You can register on HealthPlix, the largest EMR in India, used by more than 1000 doctors across the country. Being the top EMR software in India, HealthPix has served more than 1.2 crore patients across 370 cities in India.
Learn more about HelathPlix HERE